*TRF Ref Meeting End of October Date TBD*
If you are interested in becoming a referee, please log onto http://www.usahockey.com/ and get registered. Everyone signing up is required to attend a classroom seminar for the level that you are applying for, MN classroom seminars will not be conducted in person this season they will instead be conducted via Zoom but you will still have to register ahead of time for the seminar. You will need to register for the seminar after you have registered as an official.
Here is a small Checklist for you when getting certified as a ref.
- Register as a Referee on http://www.usahockey.com/
- Register for your Classroom Seminar online.
- Complete On-line Open Book Exam.
- Complete All On-Line Education Video Modules.
- Complete Safesport training (if 18+ years old)
- Attend Classroom Seminar and complete Closed book test.
- Receive and attach crest to your ref jersey(This must happen prior to stepping on the ice to officiate a game.)
- Contact me with the following information to let me know you have received your crest and that I can start scheduling you for games.
- Cell Phone Number(s)
- Hockey Team Playing on/Coaching/etc. (If Applicable)
- Certification Level Completed.
Please keep in mind as a referee you are required to have the following equipment:
- Referee Jersey w/ valid crest
- Referee pants or Black pants w/o any markings
- 2 Whistles
- Helmet with ½ Shield.
Please contact me with any questions,